Dec 21, 2021
Scott Young is a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, podcast host, computer programmer, and avid reader. Since 2006, he has published weekly essays on his website to help people learn and think better. His work has been featured in The New York Times, BBC, TEDx, Pocket, Business Insider, and more.
Scott started writing his blog just before his 18th birthday, so in many ways, it has mirrored his own life as an adult. The blog started when he was very interested in behavior change, so you can see many articles about that obsession. Later he left for university and began considering socializing and productivity as topics to explore. Learning became an important topic, and eventually created the foundation for a full-time business he could run, selling courses to learners about the methods he’d uncovered.
Finally, as he left school, the idea of continued self-mastery and career development interested Scott. Beyond writing, entrepreneurship, and life philosophy, his interests include programming, travel, cooking, and teaching himself anything he can. Scott is the author of the book Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition and Accelerate Your Career, a Wall Street Journal bestseller.
NEXT STEPS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO:
1. Get the book Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career; at Amazon or wherever books are sold.
2. Go to scotthyoung.com for more information about Scott.
3. Connect with him on Instagram and all over.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS VIDEO:
– #1 Thing Preventing People from Learning in the Right Way
– People Want Traction in One Area but Focus in Different Areas
– Retrieval – Practice Remembering
– Try to Remember
– Method and Mode of Learning
– YouTube – Virtual Apprenticeship
– Revolution in Learning Tools
– Tetris – If No Video Showing You How to Do it, You Wouldn’t Be Able to Do This
– Time – Save Time
– Learning Wife’s Language
– Being in Environment Using Skill You’re Working on Really Helps You Learn that Skill – Language – No English
– How did Ultralearning Become a Reality?
– MIT Challenge – Computer Science Curriculum Online
– No English Rule – Speak No English AT ALL While Learning Another Language
– What Role Has Application Played in Knowledge Retention
– Who Needs Ultralearning?
– Educational System is Geared Around Giving Us Rankings
– How Do You Define Intelligence Now, Knowing All You Know About Learning
Hi, I'm Stephen Scoggins. After fighting from homelessness and depression to build multiple businesses employing hundreds of amazing people, I've learned a lot about what it really takes to overcome your limitations and build your dream life. Now, my goal is to help 1 million people get from where they are today, to where they want to be in life. To help with that, I'm releasing videos on this channel several times per week and posting regularly on social media. On this YouTube channel, I interview the world's foremost thought leaders on what it takes to master your life. I also have a library of free resources, downloadable eBooks, and personality tests to help you become the person you always wanted to be. Just check out my websites below!
MASTER YOUR LIFE WITH FREE RESOURCES:
My website: https://www.stephenscoggins.com
Free eBooks & Resources: https://www.stephenscoggins.com/resources
My Blog: https://stephenscoggins.com/blog/
Stuck to Unstoppable Podcast: https://stephenscoggins.com/stuck-to-unstoppable/
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA: